|Published:||Jul 16, 2010 4:21 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 16, 2010 1:21 AM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Two north Florida men are charged with paying kickbacks to the former secretary of the Florida Department of Corrections and a prisons manager.
Edward Lee Dugger and Joseph A. Deese turned themselves in Thursday in Jacksonville. Each was released on $50,000 bond. The 63-year-old Dugger of Gainesville faces a maximum sentence of 25 years, while 37-year-old Deese of Fort White could be sentenced to five years.
A phone number listed for Dugger was out of service. A phone message was left for a number listed for Deese.
A federal indictment says the two funneled more than $130,000 to James Crosby and Allen Clark to operate a profitable prison canteen service.
Crosby is serving eight years in prison for taking kickbacks.
Clark was sentenced to 31 months.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo