|Published:||Jul 14, 2010 4:48 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 14, 2010 1:04 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - A man is stuck with thousands of phone books. An old tenant left them in the garage and he said no one will take them off his hands to put them to good use.
Stacks and stacks of phone books that were supposed to be delivered to homeowners... sit here.
"My first thought was how to get rid of it and I proceeded from there - just started make phone calls."
A property manager wants to re-use the books, so he called the number on the cover that advertises recycling.
"I got a phone number and talked to someone who gave me other phone numbers which led me to this office in Fort Myers and they told me that they don't recycle and they don't have anything to do with this."
He said he spent all day looking for answers and is still stuck - all to help the environment.
"Put up or shut up - and if they're not going to put up then just shut up. Take all this off your books. Just stop the program. Stop everything. Put up or shut up."
Century Link is the name listed on all those phone books. WINK News put in calls and an e-mail to see what they had to say about the unused books just left behind, but their offices were already closed.
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Child killed after being backed over by truck
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba