|Published:||Jul 07, 2010 1:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 07, 2010 8:06 AM EDT|
7:30 Update: The work is finished and traffic is moving again along SW 20th Ave.
7:00 Update: The water main is fixed and water service restored. Work underway now to patch the road. Traffic is still blocked.
CAPE CORAL, Fla- A water main break shut down SW 20th Avenue in Cape Coral for several hours this morning. The pipe burst just after 3am and created a small sinkhole that's about 6 to 8 feet in diameter and 5 to 6 feet deep. About 30 homes are being advised they should boil their water before using it to drink or cook the next 48 hours.
- Fire Dept: Barricaded man couldn't have survived fire
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest