|Published:||Jul 07, 2010 6:07 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 07, 2010 1:27 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla. - Many businesses and homes are under a boil water notice tonight on Fort Myers Beach. Early Tuesday afternoon a water main broke on the island. It affects everyone from Times Square to Lover's Key.
Some restaurants in Time Square say they lost water pressure, or even water in general for a short period due to the break. However, all of the ones WINK News spoke to say they aren't boiling their water.
"It was shut down for probably 30 minutes," the owner of Burrito A Go-Go says.
The restaurant experienced the water main break even though it's about two miles south. But, like six other restaurants we talked to in the square, they're not boiling their water.
The restaurants say no one from the town called them about boiling water for safety. Many say they did not receive the automated recording from town utilities unlike restaurants less than a quarter mile away.
That leaves people on the island a little confused, according to the recording by town utilities
"A water main repair at Strandview caused low pressure throughout southern Estero Boulevard system from Times Square to the south end. Therefore, as a precaution we advise that all water used for drinking, cooking, making ice, brushing teeth, or washing dishes be boiled," the recording plays.
It sounds like Times Square is included in a boil water notice. However, restaurants say if Times Square had to boil their water, the town would have let them know.
We called the after hours number from the utility recording, where a manager said it only affects the south end of the island, which would not include Times Square. WINK News mentioned this is conflicting information with what's given on the recording.
We will check with the town during business hours Wednesday. to be sure of who must boil water.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape