|Published:||Jul 06, 2010 10:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 06, 2010 7:35 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, FL- A North Fort Myers woman scares a burglar right back out of her house.
The man dove though a glass window to get away.
Judy Sorrell says, "I mean I was screaming bloody murder!
Judy Sorrell never thought she'd confront a would-be burglar in her own home, let alone chase him off.
She was napping when she heard glass breaking. She yelled, "Who the hell's in my house!?"
Everything went smashing every that was on the counter and the glass.
A man had broken into her North Fort Myers home through a window.
Sorrell says, "I'm in a nightgown! You know? I'm running out there about to do battle."
Her tactic worked, the man dove back out through the window covered in glass shards.
While Sorell called 911, the suspect was spotted by the neighbor, 5 year old "Turtle" Haschel.
Turtle says, "He came out the front door."
"Turtle" sensing something wasn't right, got his dad who didn't believe him at first.
Michael Haschel says,"I didn't actually think that somebody was running across the fence and jumping across the yard."
His sister had her doubts too.
"I don't actually ever believe him unless I see it."
The family went outside and saw the man jumping the fence.
He ran towards Pine Island Road and got away.
While badly shaken then, even now, Sorell can't believe her own bravery.
She says, "When it comes to mine and my own, the claws come out. I don't know what it was, It just happened so fast."
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275
- Man gets life after selling heroin near Lee Middle School
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger
- Crash blocks Golden Gate Blvd. at 22nd St. SE
- Former Arcadia city marshal resigns amid theft allegations
- Camouflaged alligators spotted at Wa-Ke Hatchee Park
- Woman talks to WINK News about faking sons' deaths
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident