|Published:||Jul 05, 2010 12:37 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 04, 2010 5:13 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The Lee County Sheriff's Office is investigating the discovery of human bones in a San Carlos Park neighborhood off Winged Foot Drive & Phlox Drive.
The remains were found in a wooded area near a waterway.
Deputies say its unknown how the long the remains have been there, or how many sets of remains there are. The identity of the remains is unknown.
The medical examiner will head to the scene Monday for further investigation.
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- SWFL residents join in March Against Monsanto
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center
- Immokalee man bites another mans ear off
- FWC hits water during 'Busiest Boating Weekend'
- 90 acre brush fire in Charlotte County