|Published:||Jul 04, 2010 12:14 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 03, 2010 9:14 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - A Fort Myers home is reduced to ash and rubble after an early morning fire.
It happened on Masanabo Lane off McGregor Blvd. The homeowner says he was sleeping when he was awakened by what sounded like crackling branches in his attic. Within moments, the home was engulfed in flames.
The man made it out safely, but his cat was killed in the fire.
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Pod of whales beach themselves along Everglades shore
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- Accused robber shoots self before arrest
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Officials lift Martin County dengue fever advisory
- Fla. cities lead nation in high-end foreclosures
- Fla. man pleads not guilty in Facebook killing