|Published:||Jul 04, 2010 12:15 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 03, 2010 9:15 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Ten members of the Fort Myers Police Honor Guard traveled to Tampa on Saturday morning for the services to remember two fallen police officers.
The Honor Guard stood outside the funeral, saluting family members as they entered. They also saluted the caskets of the fallen officers as they entered and left the funeral.
"These officers that are killed in the line of duty, they're our brothers," said Ft. Myers Sgt. Pete Tarman. "It doesn't matter if they're FMPD, California, or another country, they're all brothers. This is our way of showing respect for them, and showing we're there for the family members and the agencies."
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- FBI involved in fatal shooting near Universal Orlando
- SOLD: Lee County school buildings
- $60K approved for Lee school district convention
- New Florida voting law
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- Senate committee approves immigration bill