|Published:||Jul 04, 2010 3:35 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 04, 2010 12:35 AM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla - Luigi Fuentes is spending the 4th of July holiday styling hair, but a week ago he was chasing after a crook.
Fuentes fell victim to a bogus police officer.
The victim tells WINK News he was pulled over by a man waving a flash light in another car at the corner of Pine Island Road and Santa Barbara Boulevard in Cape Coral last Saturday.
The man was dressed in plain clothes and claimed he was an undercover officer.
"He asked me for my driver's license and registration", said Fuentes.
The victim the claims he pulled out his wallet and that's when the bogus officer snatched $60 in cash and took off.
Fuentes admits he should have known something was up. The crook was in an unmarked SUV and didn't have any police lights or sirens on, but he did flash a badge.
The victim fears its not the first time the fake officer has struck in the area.
"He knows the exact the street to turn on and how to get away fast", he added.
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Victims say man exposed himself in Naples beach parking lot
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- Settlement reached with Lifestyle Lift
- Candidates for Cape Coral Mayor duke it out in 1st debate
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court
- Police ID man who drove into Cape Coral canal
- Naples parents protest cell phone tower at elementary school