|Published:||Jul 02, 2010 6:25 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 02, 2010 3:25 PM EDT|
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - John Travolta is thanking his hometown in
central Florida after residents lobbied in an online campaign to
bring the "Grease Sing-A-Long" to the area.
The 1978 classic is being re released in select theaters
nationwide, but Ocala wasn't one of them. So residents rushed an
online poll that allowed the city with the most voting fans to
bring the film to them. Ocala surfaced as No. 1 in the poll,
leading by hundreds of votes.
Several of the show times have sold out. Travolta released a
statement through JTP Films thanking residents and promising to buy
"Wish I could be there with you," he said.
The Travoltas bought an $8 million home in Ocala in 2003.
Travolta, an avid pilot, can fly his many planes right to his front
- Employees owed money after comedy club closes down
- Cape councilman McClain stays
- Lee Tran routes on proposed budget chopping block
- Gov. Scott leads trade mission to Chile this week
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- Enhanced lightning detection on Sanibel Island