|Published:||Jul 02, 2010 6:25 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 02, 2010 3:25 PM EDT|
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - John Travolta is thanking his hometown in
central Florida after residents lobbied in an online campaign to
bring the "Grease Sing-A-Long" to the area.
The 1978 classic is being re released in select theaters
nationwide, but Ocala wasn't one of them. So residents rushed an
online poll that allowed the city with the most voting fans to
bring the film to them. Ocala surfaced as No. 1 in the poll,
leading by hundreds of votes.
Several of the show times have sold out. Travolta released a
statement through JTP Films thanking residents and promising to buy
"Wish I could be there with you," he said.
The Travoltas bought an $8 million home in Ocala in 2003.
Travolta, an avid pilot, can fly his many planes right to his front
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend