|Published:||Jul 02, 2010 10:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 02, 2010 7:44 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, FL- A shocking case of animal abuse.
A dog apparently beaten to death by his owner.
Tonight, we're learning it's because the dog made a mess.
Neighbor Ellen Hertoz says, "That just really blows me away."
Shock and horror, emotions from those living next to a man accused of beating to death a ten year old dog named "Bumper".
Hertoz says, "I mean, how can you do that?"
Here you see, Frank Devries arrested after his live in girlfriend called animal control. She says he beat her Akita "Bumper" because he went to the bathroom on the floor.
"He admitted to hitting the dog in the head a couple of times and then kicking it once"
Animal control Chief Adam Leith says the dog's injuries tell a different story. He was taken to the hospital where he had to be put down.
Leith says, "It was in an immense amount of pain, had a collapsed lung, two different fractures within it's hip and multiple rib fractures."
Neighbors say, Devries and his girlfriend, were gone all day leaving the dog inside the home. That might be the reason he went to the bathroom.
Devries is facing 3rd degree felony charges for animal cruelty.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders
- Mom blames husband after driving kids into ocean
- School bus hits bicyclist on Pine Island Rd.