|Published:||Jun 30, 2010 9:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 30, 2010 6:55 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - A Fort Myers man catches someone breaking into his truck, but before calling police, he takes a snapshot of the suspect with his cellphone. That picture helped put the suspect in jail.
23-year-old Hubert Blue has been arrested nearly a dozen times dating back to 2004 for burglary, drug and gun charges.
Deputies arrested him again Tuesday for allegedly burglarizing a truck at the La Mexicana restaurant on Ortiz. We talked to the victim who didn't want to be identified. "I asked him what purpose he had inside the vehicle, he said i'm you brother...I said i'm not your brother, what were you doing in my vehicle," said the victim. "He was very aggressive in his way of talking and action, so I just took a safety precaution for me and my worker and just backed up."
"I had the chance to take a picture, and I took the picture, it upset him," said the victim.
The victim showed that cell phone picture to a Lee County Sheriff's Deputy who happened to be performing a traffic stop across the street. Blue was still hanging around La Mexicana, so deputies arrested him. The victim says he's glad he kept his cool and took the picture.
"I don't know what he could have done or what he was capable of doing, so I was more concerned for my safety and the safety of my co-workers," said the victim.
Blue, who lives in fort myers, is out on bond tonight... he's facing charges of burglary and petty theft.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting