|Published:||Jun 29, 2010 11:24 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 29, 2010 8:19 AM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - 2 PM UPDATE: TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities have located a woman wanted for questioning in the deaths of two Tampa police officers. Authorities say that a tip led detectives to an apartment complex, where a vehicle was also found.
Authorities say 22-year-old Cortnee Nicole Brantly has not been arrested. She is just being brought in for questioning.
The two officers approached the passenger side of a car during a traffic stop. Six minutes after the traffic stop, a witness called to say Officer David Curtis and Officer Jeffrey Kocab had been shot. Authorities arrived to find them lying on the ground. Police say Kocab and Curtis, both 31, were pronounced dead at the hospital.
Police are also searching for 24-year-old Dontae Rashawn Morris, who they say is believed to be the shooter.
9 AM UPDATE: The Tampa Police Department confirms that the second police officer who was on life support, has passed away from his injuries. Officer David Curtis and Officer Jeffrey Kocab were both killed in what was supposed to be a routine traffic stop early Tuesday morning.
8 AM UPDATE: A Tampa police officer has died and another is on life support following a shooting during a routine traffic stop.
A massive search is on for the suspects, a man and woman, who were driving a red Toyota Camry.
Tampa Police Chief Jane Castor announced the death of
31-year-old Jeffrey Kocab at a hospital press conference early Tuesday morning. Officer David Curtis is on life support. Dozens of somber officers streamed into the hospital.
Police say one of the officers pulled over the Camry because it didn't have a visible tag. He called for backup because the male passenger in the car was wanted for a misdemeanor.
A few minutes later, police received a 911 call that the
officers had been shot.
Kocab's wife is nine-months pregnant.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape