|Published:||Jun 28, 2010 12:24 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 27, 2010 7:24 PM EDT|
HIGHLANDS COUNTY, Fla. - The Florida Highway Patrol expects to complete an investigation next month into a deadly tour bus crash near Lake Placid in February.
FHP says an 81 year old woman was driving a car that hit the bus on US 27 near Lake Francis Road on February 22. Two people were killed that day, a third person died a week later. About 30 others were injured.
Investigators now report two more people died from their injuries in the months following the crash, bringing the total number of deaths to five. 78 year old Jerrie Leuteritz of Fearrington, NC died at a Tampa hospital in May. 77 year-old Donald Nash of Westfield, NY died at Seminole Hospital in March.
So far, no charges have been filed against the driver of the car.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Judge reads charge against Zimmerman to jurors