|Published:||Jun 28, 2010 12:24 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 27, 2010 7:24 PM EDT|
HIGHLANDS COUNTY, Fla. - The Florida Highway Patrol expects to complete an investigation next month into a deadly tour bus crash near Lake Placid in February.
FHP says an 81 year old woman was driving a car that hit the bus on US 27 near Lake Francis Road on February 22. Two people were killed that day, a third person died a week later. About 30 others were injured.
Investigators now report two more people died from their injuries in the months following the crash, bringing the total number of deaths to five. 78 year old Jerrie Leuteritz of Fearrington, NC died at a Tampa hospital in May. 77 year-old Donald Nash of Westfield, NY died at Seminole Hospital in March.
So far, no charges have been filed against the driver of the car.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida