PUNTA GORDA - Fla. - A 73-year-old Fort Myers resident was killed in a crash in Charlotte County Friday night.
Florida Highway Patrol says Elumene Theodoris died and four others were seriously injured. The driver reportedly lost control on I75 in Punta Gorda when the right rear tire's tread separated.
The van went into the median, hit a guardrail and flipped, throwing Theodoris from the van.
The others were taken to the hospital for treatment.
- Confusion leads to heavy police activity at Bernwood Cove
- CCSO seeks IDs of persons of interest in burglary case
- Teen fights off suspect accused of holding a gun to her head
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- Miami man catches longest Burmese python captured in Fla.
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Students slime principal for 1 million minutes of reading
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots