PENSACOLA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Thick pools of oil that washed
ashore in Florida is what forced government officials to close
about a quarter-mile section of Casino Beach on Thursday. Workers
ran yellow tape 75 yards back from the water on a day when there
would normally be hundreds of people on the sands and in the water.
- Shooting investigation in North Fort Myers
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- FMPD on the scene at Bernwood Cove Apartments
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.
- 2 bodies found in Chassahowitzka Forest in Fla.
- Deputies: Bartender, 3 patrons sliced by angry man