|Published:||Jun 25, 2010 3:08 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 24, 2010 8:26 PM EDT|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla. - New details tonight in a case of two Port Charlotte parents accused of abusing their 10 year old son, and locking him inside his room for months. Thursday, a judge ordered that Thomas and Kimberly Boone's son stay with his paternal grandmother.
When we tried to talk to Kimberly, who bonded out of jail, she ran off while a woman behind her slammed a door at us. Earlier, a silent and stone-faced Thomas Boone marched into the courtroom.
Boone was taken back into custody Wednesday after AAA Bundy's Bail Bonds revoked his $12,500 bond.
While AAA won't comment, the owner says something came up - nothing criminal - that made them decide to cut ties with Boone.
After the ruling, Kimberly Boone's attorney couldn't tell us much due to the pending criminal charges. "Even though she is participating in that particular case, because she is not the mother of the child, she doesn't have any standing to object to any placement," Kevin Shirley said.
Kimberly Boone has another child who is staying with her. Her attorney says DCF has done the home inspection to ensure that child is not in any danger. An arraignment should take place in the coming weeks.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend