Published: Jun 25, 2010 2:00 PM EDT
Updated: Jun 25, 2010 11:08 AM EDT

WIMBLEDON, England (AP) - One day after winning the longest

tennis match ever, John Isner lost in about 75 minutes.

The Wimbledon marathon man looked weary from the outset Friday,

required treatment for a neck injury and was beaten by unseeded

Thiemo de Bakker 6-0, 6-3, 6-2.

Isner had no aces after hitting a record 112 in his epic

three-day victory over Nicolas Mahut.

Starting shortly after noon in warm sunshine, Isner received a

standing ovation when he walked onto court. He immediately lost his

serve - something that didn't happen once in his 70-68 fifth set

against Mahut.

Isner dropped the first set in 16 minutes, winning only nine

points while committing 11 unforced errors. After the set, he took

an injury timeout and received a neck massage from a trainer.

His shots had a little more zip after that. The crowd roared

when Isner finally won a game after 32 minutes to trail 2-1 in the

second set.

But he continued to move sluggishly. Several times he didn't

even pursue shots, and when he buried a forehand in the net in the

third set, he bent over with his hands on his knees.

Isner's average first serve was 114 mph, well off his normal

pace, which often tops 130. He won less than half his service

points and never reached break point on de Bakker's serve.

The listless performance was hardly surprising, given the

victory over Mahut lasted a record 183 games and more than 11 hours

of play. The records were mind-boggling:

-Longest match: 11 hours, 5 minutes

-Longest set: 8 hours, 11 minutes

-Most games in a match: 183

-Most games in a set: 138

-Most aces: 215 (Isner 112, Mahut 103)

-Most consecutive service games held: 168 (84 each)

The drama of the match - which started on Tuesday and was

suspended by darkness over two nights - overshadowed another

historic occasion at the All England Club.

Queen Elizabeth II visited Wimbledon for the first time in 33

years, but stayed for only one match, sitting in the Royal Box to

watch Britain's Andy Murray win his second-round match in straight

sets over Jarkko Nieminen.

The queen did not see top-ranked players Rafael Nadal and Serena

Williams win their matches.

Hours after the queen left the grounds, Nadal took Centre Court.

He fell behind two sets to one before rallying to beat Robin Haase

5-7, 6-2, 3-6, 6-0, 6-3, winning all 20 service points in the final


Nadal had been invited to meet the queen with other players

earlier in the day, but defended his decision to practice for his

match instead.

"I am playing in Wimbledon. It's not a joke. I love this

tournament," Nadal said. "I have a lot of respect for the queen.

I have a lot of respect for this tournament. Today is a match day

for me, no? So I have my things to do."

Serena Williams did meet the queen and was slightly disappointed

by the curtsy she had been practicing for days.

"I couldn't get as low as I wanted to," she said.

Williams then went out and beat Anna Chakvetadze 6-0, 6-1 in 48

minutes, but wasn't happy the match was put on Court 2 instead of

Centre Court in recognition of her status as defending champion and

three-time winner.

"I don't think I should be out there," Williams said.

The Queen clapped politely at the end of Murray's victory, while

Murray and Nieminen bowed in synchronized fashion coming on and off

the court.