|Published:||Jun 21, 2010 4:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 21, 2010 1:13 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.-The Lehigh Acres grandfather accused of killing his 3-month-old grandson, entered a plea of 'not guilty' Monday in a Lee County courtroom.
Manuel Rosales didn't say a word when deputies brought him into the courtroom. He was shackled around his wrists and ankle and was also wearing a suicide vest to stop him from injuring himself.
Rosales is accused of murdering the baby and also trying to murder his daughter by slashing both of their throats.
The daughter survived but the baby died from his injuries.
Rosales is facing first degree attempted murder charges and first degree murder charges.
Prosecutors may seek the death penalty.
Rosales is being held in jail without bond.
The next status hearing is in August.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis