|Published:||Jun 21, 2010 4:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 21, 2010 1:13 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.-The Lehigh Acres grandfather accused of killing his 3-month-old grandson, entered a plea of 'not guilty' Monday in a Lee County courtroom.
Manuel Rosales didn't say a word when deputies brought him into the courtroom. He was shackled around his wrists and ankle and was also wearing a suicide vest to stop him from injuring himself.
Rosales is accused of murdering the baby and also trying to murder his daughter by slashing both of their throats.
The daughter survived but the baby died from his injuries.
Rosales is facing first degree attempted murder charges and first degree murder charges.
Prosecutors may seek the death penalty.
Rosales is being held in jail without bond.
The next status hearing is in August.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County
- U.S. Rep Connie Mack announces divorce
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Naples Town Hall Speakers Series suspends 2014 season
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope