|Published:||Jun 21, 2010 2:02 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 20, 2010 11:03 PM EDT|
GULF SHORES, Ala. (AP) - Jimmy Buffett and a few of his friends plan to give a free concert on the Alabama coast to show support for the Gulf region.
Alabama tourism director Lee Sentell says show will be July 1 on the beach at Gulf Shores.
Buffett's website says the concert is meant to demonstrate support for the people, businesses and culture of the Gulf Coast. It will be broadcast live on CMT.
Buffett and his Coral Reefer Band will be joined in Gulf Shores by Sonny Landreth, Zac Brown Band, Kenny Chesney, Jesse Winchester and Allen Toussaint.
A special souvenir T-shirt will be designed for the concert. It will be available online and at the show.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- Lee school board narrows down superintendent search
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges