|Published:||Jun 21, 2010 2:02 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 20, 2010 11:03 PM EDT|
GULF SHORES, Ala. (AP) - Jimmy Buffett and a few of his friends plan to give a free concert on the Alabama coast to show support for the Gulf region.
Alabama tourism director Lee Sentell says show will be July 1 on the beach at Gulf Shores.
Buffett's website says the concert is meant to demonstrate support for the people, businesses and culture of the Gulf Coast. It will be broadcast live on CMT.
Buffett and his Coral Reefer Band will be joined in Gulf Shores by Sonny Landreth, Zac Brown Band, Kenny Chesney, Jesse Winchester and Allen Toussaint.
A special souvenir T-shirt will be designed for the concert. It will be available online and at the show.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating
- Men take homeowner's truck at gunpoint, abandon it nearby
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire