|Published:||Jun 21, 2010 1:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 21, 2010 10:15 AM EDT|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla- The National Weather Service is not coming to Bonita Springs to investigate storm damage for possible signs of a tornado. Meteorologists will consider an onsite inspection if further information warrants it.
Tornado or not, several residents inside the Southern Pine Community are cleaning up the damage left behind by strong winds and heavy rain. The roofs of several homes are ripped off and wrapped around trees or poles. A microburst of wind is also suspected of causing the damage.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash