|Published:||Jun 20, 2010 9:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 20, 2010 6:46 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Strong storms rolled across Southwest Florida on Sunday afternoon, leading to a Tornado Warning at one point.
WINK News crews spotted damage in the Southern Pines neighborhood in Bonita Springs, where neighbors described hearing a "freight train" sound as the storm approached.
The National Weather Service reported a possible tornado in northern Lee County. No touchdown has been confirmed. There was one report of a roof hit by lightning.
LCEC reports about 1,100 customers were without power in the northeast Cape, with several other scattered outages reported as well.
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- A look at the dangers of riding a motorcycle
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic