|Published:||Jun 20, 2010 8:27 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 20, 2010 5:27 PM EDT|
SUGARLOAF KEY, Fla. (AP) - A reported "mummified" body on an abandoned boat in the Florida Keys turned out to be a mannequin.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Office says a young couple spotted what they thought was a dead body in an abandoned boat off Sugarloaf Key on Saturday night. They said it appeared to be mummified.
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission sent a boat to transport deputies to the scene. They found only a mannequin on the boat, no human remains.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Bill would make drug testing for candidates manditory