|Published:||Jun 20, 2010 8:27 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 20, 2010 5:27 PM EDT|
SUGARLOAF KEY, Fla. (AP) - A reported "mummified" body on an abandoned boat in the Florida Keys turned out to be a mannequin.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Office says a young couple spotted what they thought was a dead body in an abandoned boat off Sugarloaf Key on Saturday night. They said it appeared to be mummified.
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission sent a boat to transport deputies to the scene. They found only a mannequin on the boat, no human remains.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft