|Published:||Jun 20, 2010 1:12 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 19, 2010 10:13 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. - The Division of Forestry is battling a fire possibly sparked by lightning.
Forestry officials say the fire is burning off Kings Highway near Peace River Road. Initial estimates put the fire at 50 acres. A Forestry spokesman says there is "extreme fire behavior" complicated the firefighting efforts, but rainfall is helping to extinguish the flames.
No buildings are threatened and none have been damaged.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Body identified in Fort Myers death investigation
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Tiger has 4 pound hairball removed
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Stranger Danger in Naples
- Homes near sinkhole condemned
- Protecting children on the roads
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday