|Published:||Jun 18, 2010 12:38 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 17, 2010 7:20 AM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.-Deputies are investigating what they're calling a double death investigation.
They say deputies went to a home on Quadrille Avenue in Port Charlotte and for a well being check on a couple that had not been heard from since Tuesday.
When they got there--deputies found the couple in their mid 40's dead.
A weapon was found inside the home.
The identities of the victims have not officially been released by the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office. But, neighbor Joe Adornetto and the Charlotte County Appraiser's Office confirm that the home which was roped off with crime scene tape is the home of Kevin Killeen and Dorothy Steward. Adornetto says Killeen a truck driver for Wal-Mart and Steward, a mail carrier.
"Good people, good neighbors, and just a shock, total shock because there were no signs of this whatsoever, none whatsoever," said Adornetto.
Both bodies were taken to the Charlotte County Medical Examiner's Office for further investigation.
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- 911 call: Judge in Zimmerman trial hears dispute
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death