|Published:||Jun 13, 2010 3:39 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 13, 2010 12:39 AM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla - World Cup fever hitting the Naples Pub at the Mercato. Hundreds of fans gather to watch the U.S. take on England in their first round match.
"It was packed", said one partygoer.
The beer flowed inside the bar, but part of the fun happened outside. Players from area youth soccer leagues joined their parents and coaches in rooting for their favorite team.
Games outside the pub pitted U.S. fans versus England and for many the U.S. tie equaled a victory as the Americans held their own on the world stage against the favored English team.
"I got high hopes for the U.S.", added an American fan.
Viewing parties will take place at the pub in the Mercato through out the World Cup which runs through July 11Th.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- Lee school board narrows down supt. search
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- McGregor Baptist offers way to Help Tornado Victims
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges