|Published:||Jun 13, 2010 3:39 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 13, 2010 12:39 AM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla - World Cup fever hitting the Naples Pub at the Mercato. Hundreds of fans gather to watch the U.S. take on England in their first round match.
"It was packed", said one partygoer.
The beer flowed inside the bar, but part of the fun happened outside. Players from area youth soccer leagues joined their parents and coaches in rooting for their favorite team.
Games outside the pub pitted U.S. fans versus England and for many the U.S. tie equaled a victory as the Americans held their own on the world stage against the favored English team.
"I got high hopes for the U.S.", added an American fan.
Viewing parties will take place at the pub in the Mercato through out the World Cup which runs through July 11Th.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns