|Published:||Jun 13, 2010 8:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 13, 2010 5:16 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. - Invesitgators say a Port Charlotte woman stopped a burglar from breaking into her home after confronting him with a gun.
Deputies say the woman heard a noise early Sunday morning, and armed herself with a rifle to investigate. She found black male on her screened-in lanai and pointed the gun at him, leading the intruder to run from the home.
The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office says this one of several burglaries in occupied homes in the past two weeks. People are being cautioned to keep doors and windows locked and call the Sheriff's Office if they notice any suspicious activity.
"Burglars or would-be burglars, should take notice that people are taking measures to protect their lives and property," said Watch Commander Lt. Donna Ogden.
Anyone with information about any burglary case is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer