|Published:||Jun 12, 2010 4:55 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 12, 2010 1:54 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - It was an all out bear hunt Friday night in Fort Myers! People were running around with flash lights, cameras, trying to catch a glimpse of the young black bear.
The bear was last seen late Friday hiding in a tree on Solomon Blvd. It all started around 1 p.m. Friday afternoon when Fort Myers Police got call about a creature running around near the Santorini Apartments.
Over and over, it would climb one tree come down and climb another. Eventually, Florida Fish and Wildlife tried to tranquilize it. After 3 attempts, the bear didn't come down. Instead, it fell asleep on a couple of perfectly positioned branches.
But once it woke up around 7:30 p.m., it started running across Winkler Avenue, through more apartments, and finally, it climbed another tree.
FWC warns, if you do happen to see the bear, you should not be alarmed. Simply leave it alone.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent