|Published:||Jun 12, 2010 4:55 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 12, 2010 1:54 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - It was an all out bear hunt Friday night in Fort Myers! People were running around with flash lights, cameras, trying to catch a glimpse of the young black bear.
The bear was last seen late Friday hiding in a tree on Solomon Blvd. It all started around 1 p.m. Friday afternoon when Fort Myers Police got call about a creature running around near the Santorini Apartments.
Over and over, it would climb one tree come down and climb another. Eventually, Florida Fish and Wildlife tried to tranquilize it. After 3 attempts, the bear didn't come down. Instead, it fell asleep on a couple of perfectly positioned branches.
But once it woke up around 7:30 p.m., it started running across Winkler Avenue, through more apartments, and finally, it climbed another tree.
FWC warns, if you do happen to see the bear, you should not be alarmed. Simply leave it alone.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent