|Published:||Jun 12, 2010 4:55 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 12, 2010 1:54 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - It was an all out bear hunt Friday night in Fort Myers! People were running around with flash lights, cameras, trying to catch a glimpse of the young black bear.
The bear was last seen late Friday hiding in a tree on Solomon Blvd. It all started around 1 p.m. Friday afternoon when Fort Myers Police got call about a creature running around near the Santorini Apartments.
Over and over, it would climb one tree come down and climb another. Eventually, Florida Fish and Wildlife tried to tranquilize it. After 3 attempts, the bear didn't come down. Instead, it fell asleep on a couple of perfectly positioned branches.
But once it woke up around 7:30 p.m., it started running across Winkler Avenue, through more apartments, and finally, it climbed another tree.
FWC warns, if you do happen to see the bear, you should not be alarmed. Simply leave it alone.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added
- Fla. city ends program allowing backyard chickens
- 1 killed, 1 injured in Orlando hit-and-run
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Baby born on side of expressway in Miami
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Scott touring Miami port dredging operation