|Published:||Jun 11, 2010 1:49 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 10, 2010 10:58 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.-- Anibal Mayor told a courtroom Thursday, he felt Dean Blietz was sexually pressuring him. He admitted on the witness stand that he stabbed Blietz and took his money.
"There was a time driving in his truck to Red Lobster, that Mr. Dean put his hand on my leg and rubbed my upper thigh. I felt he was coming on to me," Mayor testified. He added that he was especially concerned, because he claims he was sexually assaulted the year before in prison.
Mayor is charged with killing community activist Blietz in 2008. Mayor was staying at Blietz' home in Ft. Myers at the time.
On cross-examination, the prosecutor hammered Mayor, repeating again and again, "Mr. Dean did not sexually assault you." Mayor said, he did not, but Mayor still felt the sexual advances.
The prosecutor did get Mayor to admit he stabbed the victim and took all the money in his wallet.
Asked why he had not brought up the supposed sexual advances to police before, Mayor said he was feeling shame and did not want to be humiliated. "I did not have the courage to bring it up," he testified.
Closing arguments in Lee District Court will begin Friday morning.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings
- Beach renourishment winds down in Naples