|Published:||Jun 11, 2010 10:32 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 11, 2010 10:47 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla- Fort Myers police officers face a difficult choice today. Either vote to cut their pay or face the possibility of layoffs. This has been ongoing issue since the police department was asked to cut $3 million from it's budget to help trim the city's $3 million deficit.
If the officers vote to accept the pay cut, it will go into effect with a new contract that starts next month. If they vote no, negotiations will be at a final impasse and a decision will be up to the city council with layoffs a possibility.
The results should be available sometime late today.
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Rollover shuts down part of SB I-75 at Colonial
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- South Fla. Water Management District chief resigns
- Man accused in 2012 Three Oaks murder appears in court