|Published:||Jun 11, 2010 7:32 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 11, 2010 4:33 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla - The Cultural Center of Charlotte County together with Charlotte County Public Schools will offer their second Back to School Carnival from 9 a.m. to Noon on July 31st at the Cultural Center, 2280 Aaron St., Port Charlotte.
The event is to help Charlotte County families during these economic hardships provide their children with much needed back to school supplies. This event allows local businesses and individuals to actively invest in the well-being and education of children from local families. At the carnival there will be games, educational and safety information for the parents and students, and prizes, all centered around school supplies.
Also at the carnival, the Charlotte County Health Department will be providing free immunizations, and physicals to children without insurance. Limited availability and will be given on a first come, first serve basis.
Donations of supplies and money are much needed to make this event a success. School supplies such as pencils, notebooks, binders, folders and crayons are greatly needed. All monetary donations will be used to purchase these supplies. Kits and loose school supplies will be handed out at the carnival.
For more information on how to help, call Donna Barrett at 941-625-4175.
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break
- Man accused in 2012 Three Oaks murder appears in court