|Published:||Jun 09, 2010 10:51 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 09, 2010 6:46 AM EDT|
A massive search took place overnight for a woman who either fell or jumped into the water off the Sanibel Causeway.
The Coast Guard, Sanibel Police, and Lee County Deputies were involved in the search, which lasted about 2 hours.
Eventually the woman was spotted near the shore of Sanibel Island. They say she was safe and unharmed. Lee County Deputies took her to a nearby healthcare facility.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Third-grade FCAT math and reading scores static