|Published:||Jun 08, 2010 11:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 07, 2010 8:59 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, FL- Two more victims have come forward claiming a local contractor took their money and didn't do the work.
We first told you in May about a woman who says she paid Dynamite Aluminum and Storm Protection fifteen hundred dollars to install hurricane shutters. They never did.
Now a Cape Coral woman says she and her sister are victims as well.
Elizabeth Warner says she first paid Richard West Junior and another man two hundred dollars to fix a screen door.
They did and she was happy with the work done.
They then agreed to fix her lanai roof and garage door for eighteen hundred.
Warner says, "They said that they were driving around in the area, hoping to get work in the neighborhood because the economy was so bad."
They, Richard West Jr.and another man offered to fix Warner's screen door.
She paid 200 dollars and was happy with the work done.
Then they agreed to fix her lanai roof and garage door for eighteen hundred.
Warner says, "I gave them thirteen hundred and I haven't seen them since."
Before Warner hired Dynamite Aluminum, she thought she had done her homework.
"I called the city and I sent an email to the city and I had the license checked out and they told me it was a good license."
Seeing no cause for concern, Warner recommended Dynamite to her sister, who says she paid more than twelve hundred dollars for work that was never done.
Laura Woodward says, "I'm very angry, I'm angry with the city I'm angry with the better business bureau."
Dynamite Aluminum is licensed under Richard West's wife's name,
Cape Coral says since the license is a state license, Warner would have to call the state for information about complaints.
We couldn't reach Dynamite Aluminum for comment.
The department of business and professional regulation issued a citation to Heather West in April for "working outside of the scope of her license."
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause