|Published:||Jun 07, 2010 10:47 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 07, 2010 7:48 PM EDT|
IMMOKALEE - A new pharmacy is claiming it has the cheapest prescriptions in the country.
Pharmacist Ron Shimko and his business partner hope to open American Discount Pharmacy in Immokalee in early July.
"What better way to help people than provide the best possible price out there," says Shimko.
American Discount Pharmacy will offer 1000 generic prescriptions at less than $25 dollars for a three month supply. Shimko says their brand name products will also be the cheapest in the country. It doesn't matter if you have health insurance or not. It's the same price across the board.
"They're FDA approved, U.S.-based medications that we offer at Canadian drug pricing," says Shimko.
How will they do it?
"We don't mark it up as much," says Shimko.
He says they'll take less profit margin for the greater good.
"There is a substantial markup, 5 to 6 times sometimes versus our price at competitors," says Shimko.
Its a concept local resident Walter Stelzer is excited about. He says he pays outrageous prices for prescriptions. Sometimes they're so expensive, he can't buy them.
"The current medical situation is really tough on the average person," says Stelzer.
Shimko says American Discount Pharmacy will ship prescriptions anywhere in Florida. You can visit their website at http://www.americandiscountpharmacy.net/index.html
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FMB holds election for Town Council members