|Published:||Jun 04, 2010 9:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 04, 2010 3:07 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - A four-year-old boy survived a seven-story fall from a downtown Miami apartment building.
Police say the boy fell from the 17th floor balcony to the pool deck area on the 10th floor on Friday. Palm trees and other bushes broke his fall and cushioned his landing onto a dirt surface.
The child is expected to survive but was transported to a hospital. Lt. Ignatius Carroll of Miami Fire Rescue says: "We called him a miracle child."
Authorities are investigating how the fall occurred, but they said it appears to be an accident and no foul is suspected.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'