|Published:||Jun 04, 2010 9:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 04, 2010 3:07 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - A four-year-old boy survived a seven-story fall from a downtown Miami apartment building.
Police say the boy fell from the 17th floor balcony to the pool deck area on the 10th floor on Friday. Palm trees and other bushes broke his fall and cushioned his landing onto a dirt surface.
The child is expected to survive but was transported to a hospital. Lt. Ignatius Carroll of Miami Fire Rescue says: "We called him a miracle child."
Authorities are investigating how the fall occurred, but they said it appears to be an accident and no foul is suspected.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Judge reads charge against Zimmerman to jurors