|Published:||Jun 04, 2010 7:36 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 04, 2010 4:38 PM EDT|
The Odyssey of the Mind World Finals Competition was recently held on the campus of Michigan State University, and twol local schools finished in the top ten for their category.
Bonita Springs Middle School finished 4th in the Discovered Treasures, Division II.
Veterans Memorial Elementary School team “Nature Trail’R” notched an 8th place finish at the competition.
More than 800 teams representing various US states, as well as foreign countries, such as Germany, Poland, and Japan, all took part in their respective problems and divisions.
OM is an international educational program that provides creative problem-solving opportunities for students. Kids apply their creativity to solve problems that range from building mechanical devices to presenting their own interpretation of literary classics.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone