|Published:||Jun 04, 2010 7:36 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 04, 2010 4:38 PM EDT|
The Odyssey of the Mind World Finals Competition was recently held on the campus of Michigan State University, and twol local schools finished in the top ten for their category.
Bonita Springs Middle School finished 4th in the Discovered Treasures, Division II.
Veterans Memorial Elementary School team “Nature Trail’R” notched an 8th place finish at the competition.
More than 800 teams representing various US states, as well as foreign countries, such as Germany, Poland, and Japan, all took part in their respective problems and divisions.
OM is an international educational program that provides creative problem-solving opportunities for students. Kids apply their creativity to solve problems that range from building mechanical devices to presenting their own interpretation of literary classics.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash