|Published:||Jun 04, 2010 3:56 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 04, 2010 12:36 AM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - "She was the last one to drive it," Chris Matesz tells me of a red Camaro locked away in his garage. "I will never get rid of the car."
The Camaro belonged to his sister Keli Matesz. It was a high school graduation gift. But, Keli hasn't sat behind the wheel since the week she was murdered in May 2003.
"It was like that, you know. I wasn't even ready for it," Chris recalls of the incident.
Matesz's body was found stabbed to death, floating in a canal in a remote section of southeasten Collier County.
The Matesz family hasn't had closure because Keli's killer was never found. However, with a little help from Facebook there's a chance that may change.
"I think it's a great idea when you have cases that are that old," Private Investigator Victor Ortino tells me.
He thinks the page has great pictures of the victims, but needs to be expanded in other areas.
"You have cases that are seven plus years old, and they give you very limited and vague information on it. Even where the bodies were found, and even about the person," Ortino says.
In cold cases the P.I. has worked on before, he says it's the little details that really bring a case to life.
"You put the day of the week, you put the type of weather, what kind of car did she drive," details Ortino says the page is lacking. However, he still thinks it could bring new clues.
The page already has followers, and even people making comments on who some of the unknown victims may look like.
Chris has hopes Facebook could be the key to solving his sister's case.
If you want to check out the page, you don't have to be a Facebook member, just click on the link http://www.facebook.com/pages/Naples-FL/CCSO-Cold-Case-Page/126321250720129?v=wall&ref=ts.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- Study shows foreclosure numbers down, job growth up in SWFL