|Published:||Jun 03, 2010 10:09 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 03, 2010 7:48 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Friends and family members gathered to bid their final goodbyes to 31-year-old Kelly Abrams, who was murdered in Cape Coral over the weekend.
Police say 43-year-old Ricardo Marrero shot and killed his girlfriend. Best friend Christine Borgersen described Abrams as a beautiful person — both inside and out — who will be missed immensely. Family and friends released white balloons in Abrams' memory.
Investigators believe that Marrero got upset when he heard that Abrams was planning to break up with him. Police say Marrero committed suicide shortly after shooting Abrams.
Family and friends honored Abrams' life at the Grace United Methodist Church in Cape Coral.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man