|Published:||Jun 03, 2010 10:09 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 03, 2010 7:48 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Friends and family members gathered to bid their final goodbyes to 31-year-old Kelly Abrams, who was murdered in Cape Coral over the weekend.
Police say 43-year-old Ricardo Marrero shot and killed his girlfriend. Best friend Christine Borgersen described Abrams as a beautiful person — both inside and out — who will be missed immensely. Family and friends released white balloons in Abrams' memory.
Investigators believe that Marrero got upset when he heard that Abrams was planning to break up with him. Police say Marrero committed suicide shortly after shooting Abrams.
Family and friends honored Abrams' life at the Grace United Methodist Church in Cape Coral.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme