|Published:||Jun 03, 2010 5:07 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 03, 2010 1:58 AM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - A 7-year-old girl died earlier this evening after she was struck by a vehicle in the 800 block of NE 11th Terrace. In addition, a 10-year-old girl was transported to HealthPark Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries. At this time, the children are not being identified pending the notification of family.
The initial investigation indicates that the girls were riding down a driveway on a skateboard. It appears that they were laying flat on the skateboard as it went down the driveway.
The driver, 27-year-old Jacob Aaron Amann was traveling westbound on NE 11 Terrace when he struck the girls. Amann was driving in his 2004 Ford F-150 pickup truck when the crash occurred.
At this time, a traffic homicide investigation is being conducted.
This is the 5th traffic fatality in the City of Cape Coral in 2010.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project