|Published:||Jun 03, 2010 5:07 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 03, 2010 1:58 AM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - A 7-year-old girl died earlier this evening after she was struck by a vehicle in the 800 block of NE 11th Terrace. In addition, a 10-year-old girl was transported to HealthPark Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries. At this time, the children are not being identified pending the notification of family.
The initial investigation indicates that the girls were riding down a driveway on a skateboard. It appears that they were laying flat on the skateboard as it went down the driveway.
The driver, 27-year-old Jacob Aaron Amann was traveling westbound on NE 11 Terrace when he struck the girls. Amann was driving in his 2004 Ford F-150 pickup truck when the crash occurred.
At this time, a traffic homicide investigation is being conducted.
This is the 5th traffic fatality in the City of Cape Coral in 2010.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down superintendent search
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges