|Published:||Jun 01, 2010 9:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 01, 2010 6:56 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A Florida mother charged with murdering her 2-year-old daughter missed a pretrial court hearing after she suffered some minor injuries from a fall in an Orlando courthouse.
Casey Anthony fell Tuesday before entering the courtroom when her hand and leg restraints became entangled. She fell forward, and officers escorting her were unable to stop her fall.
During the hearing, Anthony's attorneys asked a new judge on the case to reconsider a previous judge's ruling that keeps the death penalty as a possible sentence if she is convicted.
Anthony has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder and has said a baby sitter kidnapped her daughter, Caylee.
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Judge reads charge against Zimmerman to jurors