|Published:||Jun 01, 2010 9:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 01, 2010 6:56 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A Florida mother charged with murdering her 2-year-old daughter missed a pretrial court hearing after she suffered some minor injuries from a fall in an Orlando courthouse.
Casey Anthony fell Tuesday before entering the courtroom when her hand and leg restraints became entangled. She fell forward, and officers escorting her were unable to stop her fall.
During the hearing, Anthony's attorneys asked a new judge on the case to reconsider a previous judge's ruling that keeps the death penalty as a possible sentence if she is convicted.
Anthony has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder and has said a baby sitter kidnapped her daughter, Caylee.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral