|Published:||Jun 01, 2010 5:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 01, 2010 2:21 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A cruise ship bartender is accused of sexually abusing a 14-year-old passenger last April. According to court documents, the teenage girl said 30-year-old Hery Krispiyanto pulled her into a room aboard a Carnival ship, touched her inappropriately and raped her.
The girl told her mother in August and the alleged incident was reported to the FBI. Krispiyanto is being held without bond in Seminole County jail. His attorney, Peter Warren Kenny, noted the case is in its early stages.
Carnival said in an e-mail it's top priority is guest safety and security, and it has fully cooperated in the investigation. Carnival said the alleged incident occurred aboard the Carnival Freedom in April 2009 and it was not reported to the cruise line by the girl or her family.
- Man fatally shot in strip club parking lot
- Man with SWFL ties makes FBI Most Wanted list
- Teen allegedly behind 'smack cam' video appears in court
- 1 Florida Lotto player wins $46 million jackpot
- Supreme Court OKs new lethal injection procedure
- Short in extension cord catches Christmas tree on fire
- 3 Jupiter boys injured in gas explosion
- History textbook under fire in Marion County
- Council allows autistic boy to keep chickens
- Scammers posing as bill collectors in Tampa Bay