|Published:||Jun 01, 2010 5:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 01, 2010 2:21 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A cruise ship bartender is accused of sexually abusing a 14-year-old passenger last April. According to court documents, the teenage girl said 30-year-old Hery Krispiyanto pulled her into a room aboard a Carnival ship, touched her inappropriately and raped her.
The girl told her mother in August and the alleged incident was reported to the FBI. Krispiyanto is being held without bond in Seminole County jail. His attorney, Peter Warren Kenny, noted the case is in its early stages.
Carnival said in an e-mail it's top priority is guest safety and security, and it has fully cooperated in the investigation. Carnival said the alleged incident occurred aboard the Carnival Freedom in April 2009 and it was not reported to the cruise line by the girl or her family.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Union vote set for some Lee Co. government workers
- Island Park brush fire remains mostly contained
- Salvation Army of Fla. assists Oklahoma tornado victims