|Published:||May 31, 2010 8:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 31, 2010 5:44 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Police in north Florida say two bicyclists are hospitalized after being stabbed by a motorist.
Sgt. Robert Hurst of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office says the bicyclists got into a confrontation with the driver, who then followed them into a parking lot of the Florida State College at Jacksonville.
Witnesses told police that the driver stabbed the two cyclists just before 11 a.m. Monday. The driver fled the scene but was arrested a short time later. Hurst says the driver will be charged with aggravated battery.
The driver also was hospitalized with injuries to his face.
The bicyclists were among more than 100 riders participating in an annual Memorial Day bike ride
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman