|Published:||May 31, 2010 10:22 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 31, 2010 8:01 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - WINK News has learned that a man who stabbed himself in the neck after deputies arrested him in a sting has been released from the hospital; he remains in custody.
Authorities say 28-year-old Paul Lisowski met up with undercover detectives in Lehigh Acres on Wednesday, May 26, following multiple chats on Facebook. Deputies say Paul Lisowski used Facebook to contact a teen girl with whom he had had a previous relationship. He was arrested in December of 2009 on charges of lewd and lascivious molestation involving the same girl.
Deputies say Lisowski moved away but kept in touch with the girl through Facebook chat. Her parents contacted police after reading a recent chat on Facebook. In addition, police reports indicate that a "no contact order" is in effect to prevent contact between the suspect and the victim.
The meeting was arranged over the internet, as investigators posed as the teenage girl, so When deputies went to make the arrest, they say Lisowski stabbed himself in the neck.
Lisowski was rushed to the hospital where he recovered for several days. He is now out of the hospital. He faces charges of interfering with child custody, violation of a protection order and computer crimes charges.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating
- Men take homeowner's truck at gunpoint, abandon it nearby
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire