|Published:||May 31, 2010 12:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 31, 2010 9:09 AM EDT|
Southwest Florida-Local Memorial Day Events are planned throughout Southwest Florida.
In Cape Coral, a statue will be unveiled to honor war vets. The statue, titled "Tribute to a Soldier" was donated by two local men. It shows a serviceman and a child both saluting the American Flag. The statue is next to the Iwo Jima Memorial at Veterans Park near the Midpoint Bridge. It will be unveiled at 10 a.m.
Also in Cape Coral, the Coral Ridge Funeral Home and Cemetery will host a Memorial Day Ceremony. Several veterans will be honored at the event. It starts at 10 a.m. in the Veterans Honor Garden at the cemetery.
In Naples, a ceremony will be held by Hodges Funeral Home at Naples Memorial Garden. The event starts at 10 a.m. Collier County's Veterans Services and the Collier County Sheriff Color Guard will participate.
If you know of a local Memorial Day event or ceremony, please leave a comment below to share the details.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space