|Published:||May 31, 2010 8:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 31, 2010 5:14 PM EDT|
TARPON SPRINGS, Fla. - A 49-year-old man is recovering after he was attacked by a shark in the Gulf of Mexico, approximately 50 miles northwest of Tarpon Springs.
It was around 8:45 a.m. Sunday, May 30, when commercial fishing boat crew member Mike Seymore sustained a shark bite on his leg while attempting to remove a fish hook from the shark.
The Coast Guard dispatched a helicopter and Seymore was plucked from the ship and transported to Tampa General Hospital for treatment of his shark bite wound.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday