|Published:||May 31, 2010 8:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 31, 2010 5:14 PM EDT|
TARPON SPRINGS, Fla. - A 49-year-old man is recovering after he was attacked by a shark in the Gulf of Mexico, approximately 50 miles northwest of Tarpon Springs.
It was around 8:45 a.m. Sunday, May 30, when commercial fishing boat crew member Mike Seymore sustained a shark bite on his leg while attempting to remove a fish hook from the shark.
The Coast Guard dispatched a helicopter and Seymore was plucked from the ship and transported to Tampa General Hospital for treatment of his shark bite wound.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- 6-foot-long pet snake has surgery after eating a towel