|Published:||May 31, 2010 8:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 31, 2010 5:14 PM EDT|
TARPON SPRINGS, Fla. - A 49-year-old man is recovering after he was attacked by a shark in the Gulf of Mexico, approximately 50 miles northwest of Tarpon Springs.
It was around 8:45 a.m. Sunday, May 30, when commercial fishing boat crew member Mike Seymore sustained a shark bite on his leg while attempting to remove a fish hook from the shark.
The Coast Guard dispatched a helicopter and Seymore was plucked from the ship and transported to Tampa General Hospital for treatment of his shark bite wound.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian