|Published:||May 31, 2010 10:32 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 31, 2010 7:54 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Lee County may be buying a section of beach-front property on Fort Myers Beach, with some calling it a deal that's "too good to pass up." The cost? $5.6 million.
The county may use the land for public beach access; they may also tear down portions of the abandoned shopping plaza in order to widen Estero Boulevard.
The Lee County Commissioners will vote will occur Tuesday, June 1.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore