|Published:||May 31, 2010 10:32 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 31, 2010 7:54 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Lee County may be buying a section of beach-front property on Fort Myers Beach, with some calling it a deal that's "too good to pass up." The cost? $5.6 million.
The county may use the land for public beach access; they may also tear down portions of the abandoned shopping plaza in order to widen Estero Boulevard.
The Lee County Commissioners will vote will occur Tuesday, June 1.
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Memorial Day weekend travel expected to mirror last year
- Fla. Gov. asked to return money to insurer
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Hurricane center: Beware of the storm surge