|Published:||May 31, 2010 10:07 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 31, 2010 7:08 PM EDT|
ENGLEWOOD, Fla. - The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office was dispatched to the scene of an early morning accident in Englewood, which left a pedestrian with critical injuries.
It was around 2:12 a.m. when 23-year-old Sean Vitrelli was driving a 2006 Toyota down East Dolphin Drive in Englewood. Vitrelli turned into a driveway of a home, at which time he reportedly turned off the headlights in an attempt to avoid disturbing the sleeping residents.
Authorities say a person was laying on the driveway, but the driver's view was obstructed by other vehicles and by the darkness. The vehicle struck the individual who was laying on the driveway, resulting in critical injuries, according to police reports.
Authorities have not released the identity of the pedestrian pending notification of family members.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire