|Published:||May 31, 2010 10:07 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 31, 2010 7:08 PM EDT|
ENGLEWOOD, Fla. - The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office was dispatched to the scene of an early morning accident in Englewood, which left a pedestrian with critical injuries.
It was around 2:12 a.m. when 23-year-old Sean Vitrelli was driving a 2006 Toyota down East Dolphin Drive in Englewood. Vitrelli turned into a driveway of a home, at which time he reportedly turned off the headlights in an attempt to avoid disturbing the sleeping residents.
Authorities say a person was laying on the driveway, but the driver's view was obstructed by other vehicles and by the darkness. The vehicle struck the individual who was laying on the driveway, resulting in critical injuries, according to police reports.
Authorities have not released the identity of the pedestrian pending notification of family members.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mobile home fire in North Fort Myers
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida