|Published:||May 30, 2010 12:03 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 29, 2010 1:40 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla.- Florida FWC officers tell WINK News the body of a missing boater, identified as Paul Taefi of Bonita Springs has been recovered.
Accofding to FMC officer Gary Morse the body was found a mile and a half south of Fort Myers Beach by Lee County Sheriff's Deputies.
On Friday the search off of Fort Myers Beach became a recovery operation.
Investigators say Taefi was operating the boat when Carl Michael Wlodyka fell overboard; Taefi stopped the boat and jumped into the water to help Wlodyka. Then disapeared as well.
Authorities believe alcohol was the primary factor in the accident. The accident happened Thursday night around 7 p.m.
Wlodyka was able to make it to shore and is in the hospital recovering.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school