|Published:||May 29, 2010 2:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 29, 2010 11:53 AM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- The Yacht Club pool in Cape Coral will be closed for at least two days over Memorial Day weekend.
The pool will be closed on Saturday and Sunday, May 29-30, while City staff refills and sets the chemicals in the pool after water drained from the structure overnight.
An electrical fire in a meter box on Friday night temporarily cut power to the entire Yacht Club complex at around 8 p.m.
When staff arrived Saturday morning, they found no water in the pool.
At this time, staff has not determined if the electrical issue caused a problem with the pool pumps and drained the pool.
It will take at least two days for the pool to be refilled and chemicals properly balanced; however, workers also must isolate the cause of the water drain.
Visitors who planned to swim at the pool on Monday, May 31 should call the Yacht Club prior to coming to ensure that the pool is open. The number is 574-0806.
The Yacht Club is located at 5819 Driftwood Parkway.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time
- FWC reports 20th panther mortality for 2013