|Published:||May 29, 2010 1:19 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 28, 2010 9:56 PM EDT|
An orange orangatan invaded Lake Park Elementary in Naples on Friday and students and staff were happy to have him there.
"Giver" a mascot for the non profit organization Charity for Change was at the school to honor the students for their outstanding charitable work.
Over the past year, the students at Lake Park Elementary have raised nearly $4,000 dollars for charity, helping some 72 organizations.
Charity for Change is operating the character development program in 4 Collier County schools and hopes to expand. The program teaches students about charity, giving and being good citizens by following positive character traits. To learn more go to charityforchange.org
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids