|Published:||May 29, 2010 1:19 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 28, 2010 9:56 PM EDT|
An orange orangatan invaded Lake Park Elementary in Naples on Friday and students and staff were happy to have him there.
"Giver" a mascot for the non profit organization Charity for Change was at the school to honor the students for their outstanding charitable work.
Over the past year, the students at Lake Park Elementary have raised nearly $4,000 dollars for charity, helping some 72 organizations.
Charity for Change is operating the character development program in 4 Collier County schools and hopes to expand. The program teaches students about charity, giving and being good citizens by following positive character traits. To learn more go to charityforchange.org
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest
- FMPD gets high-tech vehicle to catch impaired drivers
- Man gets life after selling heroin near Lee Middle School