|Published:||May 29, 2010 1:19 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 28, 2010 9:56 PM EDT|
An orange orangatan invaded Lake Park Elementary in Naples on Friday and students and staff were happy to have him there.
"Giver" a mascot for the non profit organization Charity for Change was at the school to honor the students for their outstanding charitable work.
Over the past year, the students at Lake Park Elementary have raised nearly $4,000 dollars for charity, helping some 72 organizations.
Charity for Change is operating the character development program in 4 Collier County schools and hopes to expand. The program teaches students about charity, giving and being good citizens by following positive character traits. To learn more go to charityforchange.org
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool
- Keys refuge will fine owners of cats found roaming
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Search continues for missing spring breaker